The Story Of The Peech
The Peech was originally a private residence, built for a member of the 'Dambusters' who settled in South Africa in the 1950's. When discovered by James Peech, the property had been in one family's hands for over 40 years.
James purchased the property in 2003, and spent the next two years getting the zoning and the financing to open an initial 6 rooms. The hotel officially opened on 27th November 2004 followed a few months later by the bistro. The hotel grew with a further 4 rooms in 2006 and 6 rooms in 2008. The hotel now has 16 rooms and is proud to retain many staff members who started in 2004.
We're actively looking for more Peech sites and we hope to be able to announce a second Peech Hotel in the not too distant future!